So.. you’ve probably seem me going on about Midnighter for a few hours now (and last night for a short while)
I am guessing a lot of you don’t know who he is. Or if you do it’s more than likely through the new 52 Stormwatch comic.. which is not very good and that Midnighter is a proper fanny compared to what he was like in his Wildstorm days.
let me enlighten you (copy and paste ftw)
- Battle Precognition: Midnighter has the power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His ‘fight implants’ include a ‘combat computer’ that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Midnighter, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.
- Tactical Senses: Midnighter’s senses allow him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. He can detect what special abilities a opponent has, he can see the enhancements. He can detect the increased electrical activity in an opponents brain.
- Enhanced Hearing: Midnighter is able to tune into where exactly he wants to hear.
- Fight Implants: Midnighter’s abilities were designed by Bendix to give him an all encompassing advantage in close-combat.
- Enhanced Strength: He has fiber-lined muscle increasing his strength (he can dismember opponents with his bare hands and feet).
- Enhanced Speed: Midnighter can move faster than the human eye in a quick speed burst, an effect perhaps created by his always possessing the element of surprise. He normally moves at slightly above human speed but can move so fast that enemies with super speed can’t see him, though he can’t stay at that speed for long.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Midnighter’s body has been altered to give him faster nerve endings so he can react quicker than any human and many superhumans.
- Enhanced Healing: Midnighter does heal much faster than a normal human. He’s fought with, and healed from, a broken neck, broken limbs, holes through his chest, having his whole body set on fire, contracting various viruses (including AIDS), and other things.
- Pain Receptor Control: He can turn his pain receptors on and off so he can keep fighting when the pain would stop a normal man, and has implants that numb him to most pain - he has undergone major surgery while awake and alert.
- Super-Enhanced Immune System: Midnighter’s immune system has advanced to the point where HIV was defeated in six weeks and the common cold never stays more than a couple of minutes. After The Doctor overdosed himself with heroin, physicians used a shot of Midnighter’s blood to jump start his system by deactivating his opiate receptors.
- Environmental Adaptation: He can survive in anaerobic environments for short periods and possesses a secondary heart should the first one be rendered unusable. Midnighter has no need to use the bathroom and can go without food or water for an undetermined amount of time.
- Weaponry: He also speaks German and can apparently operate several types of outdated weaponry, as evidenced by his use of WWI artillery while chronologically displaced.
- Stealth: Midnighter is also quite adept at stealth. He is known to only be seen when he wants to be seen.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): He is a close-quarters killer, having quite effortlessly slaughtered close to 30 super-powered soldiers by himself, without being so much as touched by them.
He’s also gay and is married (in the wildstorm universe) to Apollo. An ACTUAL CANON gay couple. ZOMG! I’m surprised people aren’t all over those 2.
Anyway there you go.
You are now wiser.
If you wanna read some Midnighter get yourself The Authority by Ellis and Hitch. Millar and Quietly take over after 12 issues and it’s not as good but it’s still still great.